Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2015

More Firsts

I remember before Bryant turned 1 how many firsts he had and how exciting they were.  He's growing up so fast it is hard to recognize all the changes that he makes.  But this last weekend, he had some more firsts that were pretty exciting for all of us.  Bryant was invited to his first birthday party that was not a friend of mom and dad too.  So first we had to go shopping for his friend.  Bryant originally wanted to give his friend his invitation back as a gift, but we convinced him otherwise.  He also thought the flags were really fun, but not for a gift.

The party was scheduled to be at the park, but due to snowy weather, it was changed to the Carousel.  Bryant continued his picky nature and at first, would only ride the big frog.


But once he found this bench, he loved it.  He was waving, blowing in his little party favor, and just being silly!



It was fun for Travis and I to see how Bryant interacts with his friends from school.  I've noticed a huge change in him since he moved up to the Deer room.  He used to be so shy and wouldn't hardly make eye contact with strangers and at the party he was talking to all the people he didn't know.  He was so independent (even rode the carousel without mom or dad) and followed his friends around.  He cried when we left because his friend couldn't come over to his house to play.


The other first is that I would go so far as to say that he is officially potty trained...no more diapers!!!

He is still seeming to be quite the little athlete...I'm probably a bit biased, but I'm so impressed with his hand-eye coordination for how many times he can hit the baseball and he's got pretty good throwing form:)  Grandma and Grandpa Handl were up for a bit this last weekend and I would say they were impressed too!





On a side note, I've seen where people record funny things that their kids say, so as I remember them, I'll try to include them here so that I can remember all the fun conversations we have.  The other day we were going for a walk around our neighborhood and Travis and Bryant were having a conversation and Travis asked "why" a couple times.  Bryant's response: "Stop saying why".  I wonder where he heard that before...must have been at school ;)

No comments: