Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 27, 2015

More T-ball!

The month of June has been a bit crazy for us as we have been trying to fix up our rental house to see if we can take advantage of the good real estate market right now.  So, that's my excuse for not posting about Father's Day.  We did celebrate it with daddy and both grandpas, but I didn't take a single picture...I think I was so excited to not be working on the house that I just didn't do anything!  With that being said, I'll have to do a delayed Father's Day post.  In the meantime, I wanted to give an update of Bryant's first t-ball game last Thursday.  He is such a lucky boy and had quite the crowd watching him play - Mom, Dad, and both sets of grandparents!

He was a bit nervous to bat the first time, so we had to skip his turn and he got to bat at the end of the lineup.  The rules for t-ball are that everyone gets to bat each inning, if you don't get a hit after 5 swings you get to go to first base, you advance one base at a time, and the last batter gets to hit a home run.  I'm not sure if Bryant purposely skipped his turn so he could hit a home run or not, but here he is running the bases.




The second inning, he got up to bat and did pretty well.  




I was surprised how much progress their team has made since their first practice 3 weeks ago.  I didn't think they stood a chance, but they actually sorta looked like they knew more of what they were doing compared to the other team.  The other team didn't have many players and we had a slight game delay when they all had to go to the bathroom at once...it sure is pretty entertaining watching this age group!  Bryant still cries and throws a fit every time his team does their team cheer and then we spend the rest of the night cheering "Go Marlins".  I'm not sure what that's about, but hopefully we get the team cheer figure out soon.

On another totally unrelated note - this week, Bryant's class learned about frogs - Bryant's comment was that they hop in his house. Hmmmm...quite the imagination he has!

No comments: