Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Garrett is 18 Months (almost)!

First, some miscellaneous pictures...

It makes it so easy to get stuff done around the house when the boys play well together.  This only last about 5 minutes, but they were sure having fun!

While our San Diego family was here, my parents were in San Diego and they brought back this cute shirt for Bryant, which matches his white and orange sunglasses (that he wears on top of his hat like Dad).


Love my littles!


A couple posts ago, I talked about how much the boys liked to water our plants and garden.  The fruits of their labor are starting to pay off.  We picked about 15 peas the other day and got another bowl full today as well as our first strawberry!


Here's today's bowl full with Garrett waving.

Looking cool in his shades like his brother.


Almost a month ago, I was inducted into the Helena Sports Hall of Fame.  They had a big banquet and Bryant was so excited for it.  My parents took turns listening to the inductee's speeches and watching the boys because the boys really wanted to watch me get my award.  Bryant knew he wanted to go up with me and Garrett saw us walk up there and took off after us.  It was pretty cool to have the boys with me and be apart of it all.  I got a plaque and a big poster board with old pictures on it and Bryant immediately requested that he get to hang them in his room.

You can barely see Bryant's head while I gave the speech and Garrett was super tired so he was definitely the sour part of the sour patch kid as he tried to bite my fingertip off and knock the microphone over.  It was probably a good distraction though so that I could get through my speech!


Now, for the 18 month post...


Garrett's language seems to be exploding!  He repeats a lot of words and then will surprise me with a word I didn't know he knew.  His favorite is no, but some of his more frequent words are nack (snack), bakkie (it's like a combination of bottle and milkies), doggie (no matter what type of animal, he always says doggie).  side (outside), dowy (down or downstairs), belly, mama, dada, diggy (Bryant's nickname), hi, bye, and more.  He'll talk about shirts and socks when he gets dressed and when we walked outside, he pointed to a rock and said rock.  So there's a ton of words that I'm missing.  

He is a super active boy that only stops for nap time.  He is still feisty and bites, hits, and throws anything that he can get his hands on, but he is still the most lovable little boy.  He's quick to apologize and give you a little rub to say he's sorry, which usually isn't well received by his brother because he doesn't actually say "sorry".    He wants to do everything his brother does whether it's play t-ball, ride a bicycle, you name it - if Bryant does it, Garrett wants to do it too.

It's also kind of crazy when kids start following instructions.  For example, you can tell Garrett to grab his shoes and he'll do it.  It seems simple and I'm guessing parents of teenagers or maybe even 3 year olds would tell me that this stage is short lived.  But it shows me that he is less and less of a baby and turning more into a toddler.  

I can't believe I'm actually early in posting this, but I really can't believe that my baby is 1.5 years old!  He always keeps us on our toes and I wouldn't want it any other way.  Happy half birthday Garrett!

No comments: