Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

May Update

Wowzers...here it is the middle of August and I am finally posting about May.  We definitely take advantage of bike riding weather when we can!



Soccer for Garrett was really hit and miss on whether he would play or not.  This game, his girlfriend Addie from school, was on the other team.  They were doing somersaults and showing off for each other...it was too cute.  Garrett was all excited and thought he was going to score a goal, but you can tell he's young for this league.  That older girl sure stopped him in his tracks!


First time running through the sprinklers for the year



"I'm soaked..." and not happy about it.


Bryant was soaked and happy though



For Mother's Day weekend, we had brunch with my parents and then headed to Whitehall to celebrate with Trav's parents.  The boys had quite the adventures in the buggy.  Garrett may have used his imagination just a little bit in thinking that he saw elephants and crocodiles on the ride.





We stopped at The River in Boulder on the way back for dinner and they had a little game room that they boys thought was really fun.  And a rescue parrot that talked to them.




My Mother's Day cards from the boys.


These always crack me up.  I didn't realize it until I saw Garrett's, but I do say "Put your shoes on" and I say it a lot!


A grocery store called WinCo recently came to town, so Bryant now thinks that is my favorite place to shop.  I'm not sure where the glass bird came from, but a couple years ago, he did paint me a bird figurine that I put in my office.



Kickoff goal for Bryant!  His friends were more excited than he was.  His coach asked if he had a good breakfast after he kicked his goal and he said that he just slept good.


Do you think he had enough balls?


I asked Bryant to husk the corn and he made it into a flower.


I can't remember why I was taking the boys to school that morning, but I do remember they were super stylin' and super helpful!



Garrett has a knock knock story book, so here he is telling his favorite.  Translation:
Knock, Knock
Who's There
Ima
Ima Who
Ima gonna huff and puff and blow your house down if you don't open the door



Garrett pretty much didn't play the rest of the games for soccer.  He was frustrated because he thought he should score every time and not have to share the ball with others.  But he always made sure to join his team after the game for treats!



Picture day was pure craziness, so I was excited I at least got him to sit in the picture with his team.


We also recently got his school pictures too.  What a little stud:)


Bryant progressed so well through the season.  He had a boy on his team that had played a lot more and you could see Bryant watching and learning from him.  He had a great season, definitely improved, and had a lot of fun.  I think we'll definitely do soccer again next spring, but in the fall he decided he wanted to try flag football.




I promised the boys if they ran errands with me that I would take them to the park afterwards.  




We had booked our flights for our annual trip to San Diego.  We got the boys some new swimsuits, so in preparation for the trip down south, we had to try them out.  Don't you just love how Garrett wears his goggles?!?


Garrett wants so badly to hang with the big kids and play all day, but he usually tuckers out by 3:00 and falls asleep.


Enjoying some golf in the backyard.


This kid...he may not want shoes to ride his bike, but make sure to be safe and wear your helmet and shield.  Garrett is very particular about wearing a helmet.  He gets so excited when he sees motorcycles driving down the street and then comments on whether they are wearing a helmet or not and if it is safe or dangerous.


Grandma Betty stayed with us one weekend, so she got to hear the Knock Knock story


And listen to Bryant read.  His reading has really taken off and at the end of the year, his teacher considered him an independent reader.  I can pick out chapter books from the library and he'll come home and read them all that day and then not want to read them again after that.  I remember my passion for reading as a little kid and love that Bryant has that too.


Up next in June - Garrett starts a new preschool, San Diego vacation, Bryant's baseball and more!

No comments: