Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Upstairs Walls





First off, I have to brag about our recent tile purchase. Somebody returned some special order 16x16 tiles, and Lowe's just reduced the price on them. The tiles are really nice and a good color too. We got over 300 square feet for something crazy like $0.52 a square foot. What a screaming deal! We are not sure where we will put them yet, but at that price, we couldn't resist.
It's such an emotional rollercoaster every time we drive out to the house, or at least it is for me. We leave, and I'm so excited to see what happened, then we get a couple of miles away and Travis' eagle eyes can spot what happened. Usually the words out of his mouth are "they didn't do anything". Well that fires me up, and I start thinking about all the bad things that I could say to the contractor, but if I actually came face to face with him, I wouldn't be tough at all. Then, we actually get out there, and see all the progress, and I get all excited again.
Today they put together quite a few of the upstairs walls. Tomorrow should be real interesting to see because I'm thinking that most of the upstairs walls will be standing and that will make it feel like work is really progressing. Travis is going out to the house bright and early tomorrow to meet with another HVAC company. He gave us a rough quote earlier, and I am hoping that it comes in around that number. If that's the case we will save around $4000 on the HVAC, and I don't mind going under budget at all. This guy does good work too because he's worked on a lot of the custom homes here in Helena. Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see all the progression. The contractor better be working, since they didn't work on Monday...

No comments: