Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

Roofing and Doors

We went out to the house on Friday to put in the vent pipes for the fireplaces so that the framers could sheet them in. We were surprised to find that the roofer had been out there and put up tar paper on some of the roof. It was a good thing he started when he did because it snowed over the weekend, and there was no way he could get up there today. Most of the snow has melted, so I would imagine they would get back up there either on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Here is the downstairs fireplace all framed in.
and the upstairs fireplace in the great room
My pictures of the doors aren't that great, but I just wanted to show that some doors were installed. I took the closeup because they have the blinds inside the glass (anything that requires less cleaning in this house is probably best!)

It didn't look like the framers did very much work today. Not sure if it was because we went out there twice today or if they just really didn't do much. The doors and the master tub were delivered today, so I was hoping that those would all be installed. They still have to install the two entry doors from the garage, the french door downstairs, and another door upstairs. The tubs still need framed in and a few other minor things. I do think that they will be done this week though. There just isn't much left to do.

1 comment:

the uribe family said...

Congrats guys on your house!!! Just so you know I check on it every once in awhile :) I bet you are so excited!!! Love the blog. :)