Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

Paint Practice

So this weekend, I recruited my parents to come help paint. What I didn't realize is that we were going to get a lot of practice...a lot! We painted 15 gallons of paint on Saturday and Travis came out after work and noticed that the colors didn't look like what we picked. I was so concentrated on not leaving streaks that I didn't even think about the color. I learned quite a bit about paint this weekend and apparently there are different bases that the color goes into. When they mixed the paint they used too light of a base and the colors were not what we picked. We got reimbursed for the 15 gallons and my dad and I got the pleasure of repainting everything on Sunday. Travis and I were satisfied with the color throughout the main areas but thought the master bedroom color might be too dark.



Travis found some lighter colors and we decided to use the dark color just as an accent wall. With some help, we found a different color that we wanted to use as the accent for the master, but we will still use the original master bedroom color as an accent wall in the office. After work today, we painted another 8 gallons (I think...after awhile I start to lose track, especially since they can't mix in 5 gallon buckets; it's one gallon at a time). Almost all the walls are painted upstairs and a lot of the walls downstairs are primed. It is really nice to have some color on the walls, but I forget how hard it is to pick colors. Here are some pictures from the past couple painting sessions:



Dining room/Front entry



Great Room/Nook area


Kitchen cabinet and flooring with the new wall color



We were all decked out in gear so the only thing showing are our eyes and hands. One of us would spray on the paint and the other would follow with a roller. The sprayer sure puts a lot of paint in the air, but there is no way that I would be sane if I had to hand roll this whole house. I think I am going to start a new fashion trend though. Do you think white mascara is in?




Here's a picture of the infamous paint sprayer.






and the sprayer in action...

No comments: