Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

More Progress

Just another quick update to let you know what we have been up to. It was too dark out before I started thinking of getting pictures, so hopefully those will come tomorrow. For the past couple of days, Travis has been working on a different project than rock work. He has been framing out some columns for the theater room and trimming it out. Sounds simple, but there is a lot of detail that is going in there. It's hard to understand what it looks like until you actually see it, so I will describe it more after I post some pictures. So for now, you will just have to trust me that it is looking great. It will probably be one of the first rooms completed...shows where our priorities are:) I was on the road this week, but was able to work on some more tile today. I got almost all the tile laid in the guest suite bathroom. There is probably about 3 tiles left to do, but I have a complicated cut around the toilet ring, so I decided to wait until later to finish it. We again did a different pattern with the tile and we really like how it turned out. The tile is a porcelain tile, but I used an accent tile that was natural stone (which is thicker). It made it a little tougher and messier because I had to use a whole lot more thinset under the porcelain tiles so that they would sit the same height as the natural stone. I also started tiling the wine room with a slate tile tonight. I wasn't able to finish though because it got too dark. Which obviously goes to show that we still don't have electricity. I also met with the trim company again today. They took some more measurements and also took all of our interior doors to be painted. We have decided on white trim with a knotty alder piece inset at the top that will be stained to match our cabinets. I think we have changed our minds so many times since I initially posted our trim style, but I think this decision is final! Also, Travis has also almost completed rocking the bar. There is still a lot of work ahead of us, but we are making progress every day. I'm really hoping the interior schedule that I set, stays pretty close to on time, so that we can still move in towards the end of August. So far, so good...I'll post more pictures soon.

No comments: