Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Backsplash Accent Tile

After work on Monday, Travis and I worked on the accent piece for the kitchen backsplash.  We spent some time trying to figure out how many pieces of black granite to put in and then tiled away until 8:30 pm.  I feel like we are back in the full swing of building a house with eating our dinners so late again and having progress to post every night.  After we moved in and relaxed for a little while, I thought back and couldn't imagine how we didn't feel completely exhausted from working after work each day and on weekends, but as we get back in the swing of things, it is amazing how fast our bodies can adjust.  Now that I have said that, I hope my motivation doesn't magically disappear!  So, here's the progress for tonight 
We just have a little more to tile around the stove.  All that's left is the area above the cabinets to below the hood.

As promised, the pavers were also delivered this morning (3 pallets worth), so we aren't running out of stuff to do anytime soon.

No comments: