Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Completed Backsplash

Saturday was a very eventful day for us.  I spent the evening grouting the kitchen backsplash while Travis was working. 

 When Travis got home, he installed the pot filler!
 The pot filler works great and I feel so spoiled.  I decided that it is going to add to my laziness - now when I want to fill my water glass, why should I have to walk all the way to the fridge or sink when I can fill it above the stove?
 After I finished grouting the kitchen, I decided that I may as well do the tile on the mirror in the Jack & Jill bathroom - not because I was having so much fun grouting, but more because I knew if I didn't do it right then, I would never finish it.  I forgot how much of a pain it was to grout and I was even sore the next day!  For this whole last week, even when I wasn't actually tiling, I was dreaming about it, so I am sure glad I am done with tiling for awhile!
 Also on Saturday morning before Travis left for work, we brought down the sand for the back patio and were getting it leveled out for the pavers.  It still needs a bit of work to make it slope away from the house, but we hope to make some progress on it before we leave for vacation.  We were going to work on it today, but we were exhausted from all the work yesterday, and it was rainy.
 We got two different sizes of pavers.  The bigger size is leaned against the box in the picture below.

No comments: