Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Got Dirt?!?!

Once again Travis was up early putting up rock before going to work.  It's hard to see in this picture, so why on earth did I post it?  Was it because I wanted to show how tall and green our weeds are getting?  Nope...I wanted to show the giant piles of dirt on the sides of our house!  Our neighbors are probably wondering what the heck we are doing now and don't see the beauty (yet!), but we are sure excited!  We had the excavator come in today and dig out some of our land so that we could make rock retaining walls.  We got 10 yards of rock being delivered to the house tomorrow, so there isn't any shortage of work in our future.  I also like this picture because seeing the rock getting completed on the left side of the house helps me imagine how nice it will look when it is all done. 


On the left side, we were going to build a firepit and little sitting area.  I know what we want it to look like, but it is hard to picture because all I see are big dirt piles.

On this side of the house, we are going to have two areas of plants and flowers separated by rock retaining walls and stairs.  They cut in the stairs, but it is hard to see in the pictures.



I also wanted to show Trav's progress on the rock through today and Mocha hasn't made an appearance in any posts lately.  They are both a little hard to see because of shadows, but you get the idea:)

No comments: