Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, February 24, 2014

19 Months

Another month has flown by and yet again, I am amazed at the progress Bryant has made. I have also realized he acts very different when Travis or I are around other people. He apparently is much more outgoing with other people if we are not there! 

His language is progressing quite well (in my biased parent opinion, of course). He knew words like book before, but only said "ba". Now he is enunciating better and it sounds like book. I have lost track of the number of words, but can tell there has been a lot of progress since last month. 

He can point out several animals, objects, and body parts when asked. He still has his 'feed Mocha' chore and is very helpful with cleaning up. He loves to throw garbage away! He also likes to "tickle, tickle" anything from Mocha to a baby or animal in a book.  He still loves cars, animals, books, coloring, and playing outside. Even though he is very active and playful, he also is very caring and shows a great deal of concern for any kid that is crying.

Bryant is a pretty laid back kid and Travis and I seem to comment at least once a week about how lucky we got with Bryant being such a good kid. Happy 19th month birthday buddy!

Now to update on last weekend...we just hung out at home with a few trips into town. One stop being Exploration Works. I just had my phone so the pictures aren't the best, but that didn't stop us from having fun.  First stop, playing in the water. Bryant apparently figured out how to link the pipes and spray water across the building.


All the exhibits  involved some type of motion and there was one that moved a ball across the table according to your brain activity.  The goal was to relax your brain. I couldn't seem to even come close to beating Travis, so I had to compete against Bryant. I was finally able to win (yes I am competitive), but I was also amazed at all the activity going on in Bryant 's little brain!

Last but not least, we got to play on the slide!


I'd definitely say Bryant has grown a ton since the last time we played here!


No comments: