Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, February 17, 2014

Cabin Fever

This weekend was a three-day weekend for us, so Saturday morning we were trying to figure out our weekend plans and decided to head to the cabin at Henry's Lake.  We grabbed some donuts and headed out.  Bryant really enjoyed them, but he sure made a mess!


 
We made a quick stop at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Whitehall and Bryant got to help feed the llamas.  When we stopped on the way back from the cabin, I thought Bryant was saying "mama"...turns out, he was saying "llama".

 
The next stop on the way to the cabin was Ennis.  We had lunch at our usual place (Bynee's), but then went down the street to take a look at the new distillery that had opened up about a year ago.  You can see Travis in the back getting a personal tour of how the bourbon is made while I enjoyed my drink:)  It was a really neat place, so I'm sure we will be stopping by there again!
 
 
There was definitely a lot of snow up at the cabin

 
So, we parked above, loaded up our stuff in the sled, and rode down to the cabin.
 
 
There was a bit of snow on the front porch!

 
After we got all settled in, we headed out to go sledding.  When we got back, we found a few visitors not too far from the front deck.  Be prepared...from now forward in this blog post, you will be overwhelmed with moose pictures..  They are all a bit far away, so I'm thinking that is a good excuse to get another lens for my camera!




 
Bryant loved looking at the moose.  I was outside taking pictures and he was watching through the window.

 

Getting ready for more play time outside

I love this picture of my boys!!!
 The snow was up to Trav and my knees
 
and Bryant's waist!


 
 And the moose is back!



We had a lot of fun watching the moose from the window.  The little moose ended up sleeping in that spot last night.
 Getting ready for bed last night, Bryant thought it was important to put his boots on...
 
and then Trav's hat...

 
and then my gloves...

 
and then his hat and gloves.  I think someone was trying to put off bed time!

 
This morning we headed outside again for more sledding.  We found a great hill, so I captured a bit on camera.  The sledding the day before was much better because the snow was soft.  We got a little bit of rain that night, so today was extra slick and the snow was not as forgiving...Here goes Travis...
 
Bryant's turn...my favorite part is at the very end:)
 
 
If you couldn't understand him, he says "all done".  But as you can see by the next picture, he really did enjoy sledding!
 
 
Then, Trav and Bryant were knocking icicles off the roof


 
One last play time on the deck and we headed home.


 
And since my post has had so many animal pictures, why not throw in a picture of the big horn sheep we spotted on our way home!

 We had a blast this weekend and Bryant was definitely worn out since he went to bed an hour early!
 

No comments: