Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Basement Floors




I was so excited today when I went out to the house and saw the basement floors. It's not that big of a change since yesterday, but it just made it feel like so much had happened. Since nothing seems to go perfectly smooth, we had a little nervousness about the pour. Travis came home last night and looked at my pictures and immediately noticed that not all four header pipes were duct taped to the wall anymore. One of them was laying on the ground and he was worried that the concrete people wouldn't notice and they would pour over the top of the pipe. Sometimes with his eagle eye, I wonder if he should be the auditor instead of me...

Just to err on the side of caution, Travis went out there this morning to make sure they didn't bury that pipe. It's a good thing he went out there because they would have poured right over the top of it.

My parents stopped out at the house after I did today and said that there were a couple of guys that were stripping the forms off the crawl space walls, so I'll get those pictures for you tomorrow. Other than that, there probably won't be much action for the rest of the week. Travis talked to the framing foreman today and he said that they will probably snap the lines for the walls on Monday and have a full crew out there on Wednesday. I can't wait for the framers to start. I thought that the basement floors made a big difference, so I can't imagine the difference that having a roof and walls is going to make.

We also got a drawing from the framers that said what our actual ceiling height would be in each of the rooms. This was nice for me because we have a lot of vaulted ceilings and tray ceilings, so it was hard to figure out the actual ceiling heights. The office will be really cool. It's got a tray ceiling, so the ceiling height around the edge of the room is 11' and in the center it goes up another foot.

I know I said that I was going to keep my posts shorter, but I just keep thinking of more and more stuff to say. I'll try my best to keep them short and sweet, but I'm not making any promises:)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Looks nice guys, we can't wait to see the framing either it will be a huge difference.