Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

Vapor barrier and Gravel

Just got back from the building site, today has been a pretty productive day. Arose out of bed around 6:00 this morning and headed to Lowes. Picked up all the visquine that was needed, or so I thought and headed out to the job site. Spent about two hours trying to unfold the visquine and cover all the floors of the basement. Around 9:00 the gravel truck arrived and began spreading gravel throughout the basement. Right about then I realized that I was going to be short about 50 feet of visquine so I headed back to Lowes.(Always improving!!! one less trip than yesterday) Picked up visquine and headed back out to the job site, where they were waiting for another load of gravel. Thought that it would be a great time for some pictures but realized that I was so focused on the job at hand I had forgot the camera at home. With gas at $4.00 a gallon I couldn't justify another trip in to town so sorry for no new pics. I spoke with the concrete finisher today and the plan is to pour the flat work next Monday. That gives me around a week for the radiant tubing to be laid which works out better. I am not rushed at the job site and Lowes gets my great customer service for the five or six customers that feel the need to shop at 10:00pm. Will keep you updated on the progress, should be laying Styrofoam sheeting, and metal lathe tomorrow.

1 comment:

The 'Jandls' said...

Love your food poisoning post, Trav. How's that one working out for you? Looks like things are moving along!