Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Crawlspace walls, and Radiant Materials

Megs is gone for the week so it is my duty to update the blog. Went out to the job site this morning with intentions of getting the moisture barrier laid on top of the radon system, that didn't happen! It was a little to windy and I didn't think that the neighbors would like visquine spread throughout the neighborhood. There we two concrete guys setting forms today at the house. We are running in to our first change order of the building process. Our plans were set up for having a four foot tall crawlspace wall, but due to the layout of our house and the slope of the lot things have changed. We are now going to have a variety of 8', 6', and 4'crawlspace walls. Not a huge change in plans but had to be done to get a strong foundation. Megan if you are reading this I did manage to be somewhat productive today. I did make three trips to Lowes (Burning through 1/2 tank of gas) today to stockpile all the foam and metal lathe for the radiant system. The plan is to have all the radiant tubing down and pressure tested by Wednesday night. This would allow us to pour concrete in the basement on Friday. For that to happen the next couple of days are going to be pretty crazy. I will have to lay all the tubing by myself, not that their isn't help available (Thanks for the offer Mom and Dad) but I believe I can get it done. The problem is that I am scheduled to work evenings Tuesday and Wednesday night. That means that I will have some early mornings coming up. Worst case scenario I come down with food poisoning on Wednesday and cant make it to work, but will somehow miraculously make it to the job site. That is what dedication is all about. Well I better get going my stomach it telling me its dinner time! Looks like for my worst case scenario to occur a little planning is needed. Dinner at Thriftway Convience Store!!! (two for one hot dogs and day old nachos)

No comments: