Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Framing has started!

The past couple of days have been a little frustrating and to keep a long story short, I'm just going to say that I can't wait until Travis and I take over the work. The contractors never seem to show up on time or do what they say they are going to do. Travis waited out at the lot for two hours yesterday and no one showed up. On a positive note, the floor joists were delivered during that time. I can't believe how long they are! The contractor did end up getting a little work done yesterday as they snapped some lines.

Today they set the sill plates and poured the gravel in the garage so we can get started laying the radiant tubing in the garage. They also started framing so you can see where the french doors and a couple of windows are going to go.

We were also disappointed to find out the concrete walls that were subbed out by the contractor (because he decided harvesting was more important) were not done very well. There is one spot where the sill plates are overhanging by an inch. So, Travis is going to have a nice talk with the concrete guy. We don't know what can really be done about this situation. It's not going to affect the stability of the house, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I'm hoping there will be a lot of progress tomorrow too, but you never know when you are on someone else's schedule. Funny how a few stretches of truth really turns you into a pessimist!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Welcome to the world of building a house. I often felt that way throughout our building project. I began to never believe what anyone said. I am pretty pessimistic to start with. Hans had an easier time staying optimistic than I did. I hope things start to go better.